Alma Vii, formerly known as Alma între Vii, Alma săsească (German Almen, Hungarian Szászalmád, Almád, Szászalmás, Német-Almás, Almás) is a place in Sibiu County, Romania.
The first documented mention of Alma Vii goes back to 1289 in the document Herritus de Alma sacerdotes, according to which the place was dependent on the Capitulum of Mediaș, whereas a different document dated 1356 mentioned the place as an independent commune of the Seat of Mediaș. This changed in 1872 when the commune was included in the county Târnava Mare. Between 1951 and 1968 Alma Vii was part of Brașov Region. In 1968 it became part of Sibiu County.
The hill the church is built on is easy to defend on the Southern and Western sides due to the steep slopes. The wall has a 1.5 m thick base, is made of rubble masonry and river stones, and it gets thinner to the top where it is made of brick.
Alma Vii is placed on the superior part of Calva (Kaltbach) river, at the edge of the vineyard area of Mediaş, on the road that connects Mediaş and Agnita. There may have been extremely lucrative vineyards in the area, but due to the chemical industrialization of Copşa Mică the vineyards were hugely impacted and are no longer productive.
The Saxon church is on the slope of a hill, watching over the commune, and lasts since the 14th century. The organ pipe of the church, constructed in 1840, is placed on the Western side of the room, with an extension that hosts its swell.
In 1966 there was massive rehabilitation that brought the church back to its original state.
On a hill watching over the village of Alma, documentary attested in 1289, there is a church dated back to 1502, surrounded by a citadel that was built in the beginning of the 16th century. In the gothic church one can see fragments of original paintings with signs of rehabilitation from 1718. At the beginning of the 16th century, the small church shaped as a hall has been fortified by heightening of the loft by two defense levels, accessible by a ladder, and the last level was supported by profiled stone back legs with spilling hatches for pitch. The gothic vaults of the aisle have been replaced in the 19th century with a baroque vault, and in the loft they were replaced by a flat ceiling. The middle bell bears an inscription dated back to the 15th century: O Gott peroth Maria hilf uns aus Not, das ich heit peginn das ist ein guet. The fortified polygonal hall is supported by four towers placed in the four cardinal points. The Eastern tower is a five level tower gate that still shows the sliding chamfer of the metallic grid. The Western tower has hosted until 1914 a tank wagon fueled by a water supply pipe from the neighboring hill. The middle bell has an inscription dated back to the 15th century, the organ pipe dates back to 1791. The church is fortified by many counterforts and a polygonal wall with four towers placed in the four cardinal points. The Eastern tower is the tower gate, and the Western tower has hosted until 1914 a tank wagon fueled by a water supply pipe from the neighboring hill. The wall has defense openings for firing and spilling hatches for pitch. The church organ pipe, constructed in 1840, is placed on the Western part of the hall, and on same year a small extension was built to host the swell of the organ pipe. In 1966 there was massive rehabilitation of the church.